1. How do we book your services? Text or call us to find out if we are available at 251-709-5007. Then fill out the contact from on this website (HERE) and send in the deposit. We will send you a confirmation email and other information.
2. How long will the ceremony last? From the moment you step up to us until we pronounce you married, usually about 15-20 minutes. We try not to hurry through or make it seem rushed, but also keep in mind the heat, distractions, age of wedding guests, etc.
3. Does my fiance need to memorize anything? No. Everything you need to say is "repeat after your wedding officiant" unless you write your own vows.
4. Can we include our children in the ceremony? Yes! We even have vows for blended families if you like.
5. How do you feel about alcohol at the wedding/reception? No problem. Have fun. Be responsible!
6. Can my parents call you? They are really nervous about my finding an officiant online. Of course they can. We would be happy to do whatever we can to help them feel better about it. Refer them to this FAQ page first!
7. How do you like to be addressed, Dr., Brother, Pastor, Rev. or by your first name? Bev likes to be called "Gorgeous" or "Grammy." Steve likes to be called "O Great Ruler of the Household and Master of the Barbeque Grill", but, if that is as "inconvenient" to you as it seems to be to his wife and children, just Steve or Bev will be fine, PLEASE!
8. Do we need a permit for the beach? Not always. Don't rush to buy one until you talk to me. If you do need a permit, the State of Alabama charges $60.00 for weddings on public beaches in some areas. We will be happy to get that for you.
9. Will you travel to my wedding? We limit our services to Baldwin County, Alabama (including areas surrounding Foley, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and Perdido Key, Florida (Perdido Key is the western most part of Pensacola). We do not travel to Mobile, Dauphin Island or Pensacola Beach.
10. Do we need a license? If you want your marriage to be legal, you will need to have a license with you at the ceremony. You cannot get legally married before getting a license. If you are already legally married and/or wish one of us to marry you “spiritually” rather than legally, we can do that, but please let me know before the ceremony.
11. Do you do the popular "unity" ceremonies, such as the Sand Ceremony, Unity Candle, etc.? Yes and there is no extra charge. Also, If you choose to have the Sand Ceremony, we will be happy to provide a table suitable for the sand and vases. It is your responsibility to bring the vases and colored sand if you choose. There is no extra charge for the table.
12. I may have some "unusual" request. Are you easily offended? No. We are fairly laid back. Can't hurt to ask!
13. Can we meet you before the wedding date? It isn't required, but we would love to meet you! Just set up a time to stop by our home.
14. Do you have a formal contract for us to sign? Yes, if you desire. We don't normally require one inasmuch as we communicate primarily through email and the responsibilities are clearly laid out there, but we will be happy to send you a contract if you like.
15. Do you file the marriage license afterwards? Yes, we do. Also, Baldwin County Alabama requires a short form and $3 fee for them to send a certified copy to you after it is filed. If you like, just include that finished form in the license envelope and $3. We will be happy to write an "in county check" to the Probate Judge so you won't have to get a money order or cashier's check.
16. What will you wear? Steve's default attire is a white shirt and khaki pants in keeping with the pictures on this website. Bev just looks fabulous. However, you are welcome to request that Steve wear a black suit, black minister's robe or navy blazer.
17. What if I'm running late for my wedding? We cannot promise that we can wait in excess of 30 minutes past our agreed upon start time. Please be on time as we may have a wedding scheduled after yours.
18. What if it rains? We will attempt to wait it out, reschedule or have the wedding inside.