Marriage Certificate Information

Married on the beach

A Marriage License or Certificate is Required

BEFORE you can be legally married, you will need:

1. An Alabama marriage certificate and a money order for $73 made out to the Probate Judge of Baldwin County. Download and print the certificate HERE.

You DO NOT need to go to any Alabama Courthouse


2. A Florida marriage license


3. A marriage license from your home state ONLY after you have asked if they allow you to bring it to Alabama or Florida.

A few states allow their marriage licenses to be used in Alabama or Florida. Others do not.  It even varies between counties. It is your responsibility to check with your county marriage department! If they tell you it is OK, we are happy to sign an out of state marriage license.

The county for Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Ft. Morgan is Baldwin County. 

 Their fee is $73. For their website, click HERE.

The county for Mobile is Mobile County. For their website, click HERE.

Their fee is $74. 

For Pensacola, Florida (Escambia County) marriage license information, click HERE. (This includes Perdido Key.) Their cost is $93.50. If both of you are from states other than Florida, there is no waiting period and the license is good for 60 days. If either of you live in Florida, there is usually a three day waiting period.

Your marriage certificate will be mailed to you for the purposes of name changes. It is the only document you will need.

Mobile and Baldwin Counties no longer offer courthouse weddings by the Judge or Clerk!​

Alabama Marriage Certificate for Download